As a PhD candidate in cell biology at UMC Utrecht, I'm in love and super curious with plants and animals, especially doggos! Both my husband and I grew up with dog, so we understand what it takes to care for our special friends. Back when we were studying, we sometimes petsitted our friends' yorkshire terrier for a couple of weeks. Those were great memories and experiences.
Now we are super happy with Xoan, our 11 month-old lovely doodle. We would love to become a petsitter to help other people and their doggos in need. It is also nice for Xoan and the other doggos to play and socialize together.
What do we offer:
- We accept maximum 2 pets in our home at a time (beside our own pet)
- During weekends: we will spend the whole day with the dogs and if the weather allows, we usually go to the forest or the parc for a nice long walk (at least 1-3 hours) and play.
- During the weekdays: my husband (he is an architect) works from home so he will be with the dogs the whole time and walk them 3 times a day. I work normally from 9 to 5 so I will spend time with them in the evening and early morning.
- Our basic walking schedule:
Morning walk: 30min around our residential area, ball or frisbee playing on a leash-free dog playground nearby
Afternoon walk: 30-45min around our residential area, including leash-free playing similar to the morning walk
Evening walk: 15-20min before-bed, on-leash walk around our residential area.
We can do additional walks anytime if neccesary
- Indoor playtime: basically whenever they're awake :) There will always be at least one person at home with the dogs.
- Feeding, injection or administration of medication. In any case, we will carefully follow your instructions to care for your pet(s).
What are our home and surroundings like:
We live in a residential area with plenty of off-leash playgrounds and countryside nearby for our dog. During the weekend we usually take our pet(s) to Grift park, Wilhelmina park, or Gagelbos; or get them on our big dog cart and take them (by bike) to Amelisweerd or Landgoed Beerschoten. There they can meet plenty of other dog friends and release all of their energy.
Our appartment is a 1-bedroom, 1-living room flat with a balcony on the 4th floor (with lift). The pets stay in our living room and are free to roam the whole appartment (including the couch heheh). If the weather is nice they can sit and play on our balcony.
Our pet Xoan:
Xoan is a mix of Labradoodle and Tibetanese terrier. He is a great hooman lover, super friendly and fully housetrained. He is now 1.5 year-old and he is super enthousiastic. He gets along really well with other dogs but except the cats, he is a little cautious with them. He will be of course super happy to make new friends and welcome them to our lovely home.
Our dog was in very good hands while we were on holidays.
They were very nice and with a prompt response!
With biology background, I have basic veterinarians knowledges.
Reserveer via Pawshake om te genieten van onze dekking van dierenartskosten, klantendienst, reservatiegarantie, veilige online-betalingen, foto-updates en meer!