I am working here in the Netherlands, my wife and dog, Liela (Hungarian Vizsla) are still in South Africa. Liela is 1 and a half years old and we got her just before the pandemic. Which allowed me to spend a lot of time with her. There is nothing that forms a stronger bond than spending 24/7 with your puppy.
We have had some challenges with seperation anxiety and we learned a lot from behavioral specialist during that time. We also learned that some dogs are so intelligent that they know how to behave to gain a certain type of attention during such times. We, as parents, have to act wisely when behavioral challenges come up. Dogs are very perseptive!
It would be great to walk / house sit dogs while I'm here. I have good experience with high energy dogs. We attended the following puppy schools and training academies with our Vizsla:
* Puppy school basics
* Advanced puppy school. Obedience training.
* Versatile Gundog training
* Behavioral class
* Scent work advanced
I focus only on positive reinforcement techniques. If owners are comfortable with it, I don't mind walking off leash and socializing with other dogs.
Socialization with other dogs is important to me. I believe they are highly stimulated in that environment and also learn good behaviors.
1) Walks. See breakdown below.
2) House sitting and visits. See breakdown below.
3) Training. If there are specific things you would like to train, I am willing to focus on that. Only positive reinforment techniques though, no punishment or scolding, ever.
4) Medication - I can administer medication if required. However, I'm not a vet.
5) Feeding and fresh water on weekends. Weekdays are possible, depending on location.
6) Picking up after you dog.
1) On weekends, I can walk your dog twice a day, and each walk could be 30min to 1hr. Even longer, depending on availability.
2) During the week, I am available for an afternoon walk and it could be 30min to 1hr (see house sitting as well). Location dependent.
3) If you have a favorite walking place, I'll take your dog there for walks depending on availability that day.
4) I'm comfortable with off leash walking, if you are. However, on leash is safer when meeting your dog for the first couple of times.
5) Availability for walks - Afternoon walks on weekdays (30min to 1hr) if I'm not staying at your place. 2 walks a day (30min to 1hr) on weekends. I would consider 2 walks a day during the week if I'm house sitting.
6) I always encourage positive behavior training during walks. Includes no pulling, sitting before crossing a street, not charging other dogs and humans, focus on their walkers, etc.
House sitting and visits:
1) I am willing to stay at your place with your dog during the weekend. I'll be present most of the time, and only be out for max 2 hours at a time for groceries, or going to the gym perhaps.
2) Week sitting is an option, depending on location. I am out for work from 7 to 4 during weekdays.
2) I am comfortable with watering your plants, setting alarms and cameras, picking up mail, taking out the trash, and I'm open to other small tasks.
3) I can spend 30min to 1hr with your dog during the afternoon on weekdays, excluding walks of course. This is if I'm not house sitting.
4) Weekend visits can be longer and with house sitting, I'll be present most of the time.
1) Unfortunately I don't board dogs at this point, because I have a small apartment. I would recommend to keep your pets at their environments, which is less stressful to them.
Due to limited time available, an additional fee may be charged when location is more than 10min per bike from my home. This will be communicated to the client before booking.
1) If you have any questions or requests, just ask.
2) I will try and adapt to your dog's schedule and requirements as far as possible. I want them to be comfortable and happy!
3) Updates - I shall send your many pictures and or videos when I'm with your dog.
4) I don't mind looking after your cat as well. I will rely on your specific instructions.
5) I am completely comfortable with a meet-and-greet before pet sitting if required.
Francois has been incredibly good and reliable with our Newfie, Maple. We felt at ease knowing she was with him. We will definitely book his services again. Recommended!
Top kwaliteit! François kent heel goed het honden gedrag.
Reserveer via Pawshake om te genieten van onze dekking van dierenartskosten, klantendienst, reservatiegarantie, veilige online-betalingen, foto-updates en meer!